- Baptism Gifts
- Bliss Mfg. Medals, Rosaries, Crosses & More
- Catholic Bibles
- Catholic Books
- Angels & Demons
- Advent, Christmas, Lent & Easter
- Arts, Science & Miracles
- Book Supplies
- Children's Books
- Church History & Papacy
- Encyclicals, Letters & Law
- End Times, Purgatory, Heaven & Hell
- Family, Pro-Life & Sexuality ..
- Father, Son & Holy Spirit
- Ignatius Critical Editions
- Eucharist, Mass & Liturgy
- Mary & Rosary
- Missals & Liturgy of the Hours
- Prayer Books & Novenas
- Philosophy & Theology
- Pope Benedict XVI
- Reference & Education
- Religions, Cults & Atheism
- Religious & Lay Vocations
- Saints and the Saintly
- Society & Current Issues
- Spiritual & Personal Growth and Healing
- Women's Interests
- Young Adult
- Catholic Pictures, Plaques & Frames
- Cherubim Mfg. Jewelry
- Church Goods
- First Communion
- Gift Certificates
- Goldscheider of Vienna Fine Statuary
- Greeting Cards
- Irish / Celtic Gifts
- Lent / Easter
- Lighthouse Media CDs
- Made in Italy
- Marriage / Anniversary
- McVan Inc. Medals, Rosaries, Crosses & More
- Medals / Crosses
- Movies & Audio Presentations
- Outdoor Statues
- Pope Francis
- Religious Goods
- Religious Goods > Other Religious goods
- Rosaries & Chaplets
- Spanish / Espanol
- St. Benedict Items
- Wall Crosses / Standing Crosses
- Advent & Christmas
Forming Intentional Desciples, Sherry A. Weddell, # 60673
SHIPPING: In Stock - Available for Immediate Shipment.
Item Number: 60673
|How can we transmit a living, personal Catholic faith to future generations? By coming to know Jesus Christ, and following him as his disciples.
These are times of immense challenge and immense opportunity for the Catholic Church.
Consider these statistics for the United States.
- Only 30 percent of Americans who were raised Catholic are still practicing.
- Fully 10 percent of all adults in America are ex-Catholics.
- The number of marriages celebrated in the Church decreased dramatically, by nearly 60 percent, between 1972 and 2010.
- Only 60 percent of Catholics believe in a personal God.
If the Church is to reverse these trends, the evangelizers must first be evangelized-in other words, Catholics-in-the-pew must make a conscious choice to know and follow Jesus before they can draw others to him. This work of discipleship lies at the heart of Forming Intentional Disciples, a book designed to help Church leaders, parish staff and all Catholics transform parish life from within. Drawing upon her fifteen years of experience with the Catherine of Siena Institute, Sherry Weddell leads readers through steps that will help Catholics enter more deeply into a relationship with God and the river of apostolic creativity, charisms, and vocation that flow from that relationship for the sake of the Church and the world.
Learn about the five thresholds of postmodern conversion, how to open a conversation about faith and belief, how to ask thought-provoking questions and establish an atmosphere of trust, when to tell the Great Story of Jesus, how to help someone respond to God's call to intentional discipleship, and much more.
And be prepared for conversion because when life at the parish level changes, the life of the whole Church will change.
256 pages. Paperback.